Terms and Conditions
1. D Giles Limited 1.1 Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website operated by D Giles Limited (“D Giles Ltd”, “our”,"we" or "us”). D Giles Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, number 4885042. The Registered Office address is 20-21 Jockey's Fields, London, WC1R 4BW, United Kingdom. The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and D Giles Limited for the sale and purchase of items for sale on the website (the “goods”) contained in your cart. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
3. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions 3.1 By ordering goods you accept these terms and conditions. A legally binding contract between you and us will be formed when we send you an e-mail confirming we have dispatched the goods you have ordered. In the event of any change e.g. in price or expected delivery date we shall inform you and you shall have the right to either accept or reject such changes. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes.
4. Order confirmation 4.1 When you have completed your order you will be sent an email confirming your order which will include details of the goods ordered, VAT, posting and packaging costs and a shipment tracking reference, if relevant.
5. Liability 5.1 All descriptions, weights and dimensions of the goods on this website are those of the manufacturers and are intended only as a general guide. For the avoidance of doubt we accept no responsibility arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of our website or its content whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of D Giles Ltd or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
6. Prices 6.1 Prices are displayed on the website in US dollars ($) and pounds sterling (£). The prices listed on the website are the current prices at the time of your order and we reserve the right to change prices on the website from time to time. Prices include VAT where applicable. 6.2 Delivery charges will be applied by either PayPal or Amazon UK on an order by order basis. Please refer to the shipping and delivery page for shipping and delivery charges.
7. Payment 7.1 All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment to use, your order will not be accepted and D Giles Ltd will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of your order. For the avoidance of doubt, you must make payments in full before your order can be processed. 7.2 All payments made via PayPal will be in US dollars ($) and payment will be accepted using any of the acceptable payment and ordering methods as specified by PayPal. Payments are handled by PayPal using their secure online server. All credit card transactions are entrusted to PayPal's method of processing which is completely safe and encrypted. 7.3 All payments made via Amazon UK will be in UK pound sterling (£) and payment will be accepted using any of the acceptable payment and ordering methods as specified by Amazon UK. Payments are handled by Amazon UK using their secure online server. All credit card transactions are entrusted to Amazon UK's method of processing which is completely safe and encrypted.
8. Your warranty 8.1 You warrant that the information given on your order form is complete and accurate.
9. Availability 9.1 We will notify you by e-mail within 7 working days if a product you have ordered is out of stock or if delivery of a product will be delayed. On receiving such an e-mail notification you may amend or cancel your order using any convenient method of communication as detailed in clause 2.
10. Returns and refunds 10.1 Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected if, for any reason, you wish to return goods bought from D Giles Ltd website through PayPal. 10.2 Where you make a valid claim in respect of shortages or defects in an order and we are liable for the claim, we can at our option make up the shortages or replace the goods or refund the price of goods in question to you. Any refund will be made within 30 days of you giving notice to D Giles Ltd. If you do not notify us accordingly, we shall not have liability and shall not be bound to pay for the goods. 10.3 Goods which have been ordered through PayPal must be returned to us un-tampered with and in their original condition and packaging. If you do not store them in appropriate conditions we cannot be held responsible for faults or problems that arise. You are liable for the cost of returning goods to Perseus Distribution Services, 193 Edwards Drive, Jackson, TN 38301-5070, USA. You should notify us of the reason for returning the goods. Please mark goods with the words 'Giles Ltd Returns' to help us speed up the process. 10.4 Goods which have been ordered through Amazon UK must be returned in accordance to Amazon's returns policy.
11. Shipping and Delivery 11.1 All orders will be delivered by our couriers or chosen postal service to the address you supply. We do not deliver to addresses containing PO Box numbers. 11.2 All orders processed by PayPal can be delivered only to addresses in the United States of America FREE of charge. Any extra shipping charges for orders processed by PayPal that are destined to addresses outside of the United States of America will be charged directly to the buyer. Please refer to the shipping and delivery page for shipping and delivery charges.
12. Force Majeure 12.1 D Giles Ltd shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so for any damaged good delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
13. Data Protection Act 13.1 You agree to us retaining data in a manual and electronic format and to the use and processing by computers of such data provided by them the customer, in the course of the your order, on the understanding that this data is stored or processed in accordance to the Data Protection Act 1998.
14. Links 14.1 Links within this site to other websites are not covered by these terms and conditions. D Giles Ltd has no control over any such websites; does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites; and is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use or reliance on any content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites.
15. Limitation of Liability 15.1 Although we take every care to ensure accuracy, we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information we place on our website. The extent of our liability for any breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the good ordered by you in the relevant transaction, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit D Giles Ltd liability for death or personal injury occurring as a result of D Giles Ltd negligence.
16. Invalidity of Terms and Conditions 16.1 If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be disputed.
17. Governing law and Jurisdiction 17.1 These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.